Monday, July 18, 2011

It's Gonna Be A Scorcher, Today!

Call me crazy, (and some friends do), but when the mercury rises so do my spirits. I've found myself gleefully declaring "it is a scorcher today" more days than not lately. But Darlings, it's not always fun and games when you're dealing with good old Mr. Sunshine, especially when you've set out without your sunscreen and your winter skin borders on translucent. That's the sit ch I found myself in while strolling through Kensington Market last Sunday,and a quick call to mom confirmed what I had feared: an estimated 7 minutes of sun exposure and I'd be scorched right to a crisp.

So like a good girl I crossed to the shady side of the street, and that's where I found Kathleen!! Amid a sea of sweaty tanks and cut-off shorts she was like a breath of fresh air in this adorable navy blue dress ordered online from Nasty Gal. Are those white tigers printed on her dress, you ask. Why yes I think they are, I excitedly reply. The collar of the dress and light blue Keds keep the look sweet, while the sheer fabric and short length keep things breezy! She makes this look her own with a skinny brown belt and an oversize bag (to bring home lots of treasures). You may be wondering how a gal can manage to look so classy on such a sweltering day in the city? It may have something to do with the fact that our girl is one smart cookie; she just graduated law school!! Nice one Kathleen (props)!! And so my friends, this story ends happily. I found Kathleen and her friend Carli (more on her soon) and walked away burn free. It must be a summertime miracle!

No comments: