Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This is How We Do It



When Montell Jordan sang out “this is how we do it” way back in ’95 he wasn’t referring to this look… but anyhow, I am! Party people it sure ain’t ’95 but this is how we do it. This is how we do a cream lace mini dress and look like a dream. Start with a beautifully structured lace number that fits in all the right places and is a bit cheeky… without being literally cheeky (if you catch my drift). If it’s the long legged look you’re going for, then throw on a pair of neutral heals- this is key. Keep the accessories simple and modern to maintain a retro vibe without looking like you're sporting a costume. The gold bangles and beautiful blue clutch Becky is wearing are spot on, of course!

When I stopped Becky mid-stride in Kensington Market last week she was in a bit of a rush. She had a full night ahead after all, with stops at events for Luminato and North By Northeast. So I didn’t get the full rundown on the look. But this is a ‘fit that pretty much speaks for itself. Before she ran off she told me that the dress is from the dreamy boutique called Bicyclette on Queen West. Seems as though I'm going to have head down there soon to pick up a dress, then "I'll tip up my cup, and throw my hands up... designated driver took the keys to my truck." Thanks Becky, hope you weren't too late on my account!

1 comment:

Sofia D. said...

Gotta love the lace!